- A quintessential small rural community set at the base of the Great Northern Catskill Mountains.
- A municipality making major investments in infrastructure and revitalization, attracting new small businesses to its Main Street.
- A town partnering with the Greene County Economic Development Corporation to provide new business with the resources they need to succeed.
Life in Cairo is both relaxing and exhilarating.
Visitors to Greene County experience natural splendor, world-class cultural and adventure attractions, and welcoming hospitality.
Major investments have been made in the infrastructure that enables communities to thrive, from fiberoptic broadband to water & sewer service to sidewalks and green space.
Destination businesses attract more and more customers to our Main Streets every year.
Residents support our local businesses as valued members of our community.
Be a part of this vibrant small-business community transforming vacant storefronts into eateries, boutiques, and specialty stores.
Larger businesses will find opportunities at a new industrial park currently being planned.
The Crossroads of Commerce
Cairo is in the heart of Greene County, situated perfectly with the Hudson River to our east and the Great Northern Catskill Mountains to our West. We invite you to explore a wide variety of business and consumer opportunities with a solid infrastructure, a ready workforce, and affordable residential & commercial properties.
The Route 23 Business Corridor
Running northwest from the intersection of Greene County Rt. 23B and the Bross Street crossing, Cairo’s Rt. 23 Business Corridor is the growth of our town. It is anchored by two bank branches, convenience, retail, and professional businesses on the south-east, includes the crossroads of NYS Routes 23 & 32, and bisects over 150 acres ready for development. Business and leisure traffic through this corridor makes it ideal for family-style restaurants, retail/outlet centers, light manufacturing and distribution centers, or a business complex with hotels and amenities.
Join the Community
If your company is seeking a family-focused community, with a small-town feel and good-neighbor values, the town of Cairo is the perfect place. If your business is seeking a place to grow in spectacular natural surroundings with access to major thoroughfares, our town is ideal. If you would like personal assistance starting a new business in Cairo, contact the Cairo Development Foundation or call the Greene County Department of Economic Development at 518-719-3290.
Economic Development Specs
Infrastructure & Access
- Municipal water and sewer lines accessible to Main Street and immediate surrounding areas with capacity for new business development
- Public waste water treatment plant in close proximity to downtown business corridor with capacity for new business development
- Last-mile broadband and high-speed fiber coverage in the downtown business corridor
- Ten-minute drive to NYS Thruway exit 21
- Fifteen-minute drive to world class skiing at Hunter and Windham mountains
- New Industrial Park on NYS 23 currently being planned
- Expedited time-to-market with municipal planning and approval processes
- Publicly sponsored strategic planning and feasibility studies conducted
- Flourishing downtown corridor with dozens of small businesses complementary to strong hospitality sector in surrounding Purling and Round Top areas
- Strong community support for residential, commercial, and industrial development projects